The Church Acts Upon the Entire Man
“The Church, through the temple and Divine service, acts upon the entire man, educates him wholly; acts upon his sight, hearing, smelling, feeling, taste, imagination, mind, and will, by the splendour of the icons and of the whole temple, by the ringing of bells, by the singing of the choir, by the fragrance of the incense, the kissing of the Gospel, of the cross and the holy icons, by the prosphoras, the singing, and sweet sound of the readings of the Scriptures.”
+ St. John of Kronstadt, My Life in Christ
Visit us at our Holy Ascension Booth Tonight @ Biz Expo @ United Sports Arena
Date: 10/28 (Tuesday)
Time: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Who may attend: Anyone
1426 Marshallton-Thorndale Rd.
Downingtown, PA 19335
Family Night Continues with 1st of 7-Part Lecture Series
Join us for Prayers, Potluck, Fellowship, and a Lecture. This Wed. night series will begin Oct. 29 and conclude Dec. 10th
6:30pm : Prayers of Supplication (Paraklesis) — 7:10pm-8:00pm : Potluck, Fellowship, and a Lecture
CHILD CARE PROVIDED
- 10/29 — Our Father Who art in heaven
- 11/5 — Hallowed by Thy Name
- 11/12 — Thy Kingdom come Thy will be done
- 11/19 — On Earth as it is in Heaven
- 11/26 — Give us this day our daily (supersubstantial) bread
- 12/3 — Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors
- 12/10 — Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one
Open House This Sat. 8/1 !
Your support is critical to the establishment of the Institute for Orthodox Thought and Culture and Eastern University.
Ways to Help:
Register AND Attend the Open House event on Eastern University Campus Nov. 1st
November 1, 2014: 9 AM – 2:30 PM
Learn about the Institute for Orthodox Thought and Culture and Eastern University
Take a Tour of EU, learn about Financial Aid and the programs and majors of the University
Coffee, refreshments, and lunch will be provided
Fill out Survey
Become Informed and Consider Supporting Financially
“A Time To Speak” Compelling us to Vote in Next Tuesday’s Elections
Bills and Amendment Legislation up for Grabs in our PA General Assembly
- Do you know what issues are before and being created by our elected Representatives?
- Comprehensive List: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/bills/
- Radical Gender Redefinition House and State Bill 300: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2013&sind=0&body=H&type=B&bn=0300
“’Sex change’ is biologically impossible”
Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.